Friday, April 01, 2011

my mother wrote an email

Dear,
Noah

I remember when you were little: you weren't that interesting. The television show Cheers was much more interesting than you. You've always had imagination but no application. Your lack of application reveals itself over and over again. Your attempts at creating something worthwhile, brings to mind only a sense of a little boy trying very hard to impress his peers. Your peers will never love you. Remember when you were in 8th grade and you didn't make the head of captain of the football team and you threw that little hissy fit. It never changes does it. The hissy fits. Over and over again with the hissy fits. Now you are 30, and you seem scared again. You are very good at being scared. You were always scared of work. Your body couldn't handle it. A weak body for a weak boy.

Your mother

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm exactly halfway through Treatise and it's fucking sick (in a good way).

Just got Best Behavior in the mail today. I read it on the blog originally and I loved it. I keep it on my desk and bring the pages out sometimes just to read the sentences.

Sorry to hear about all this shit I don't know really what else to say but your books are one of the few things that make a truly miserable person that is me right now briefly ok.

Anonymous said...

woww... your mom is totally delusional.

haze said...

Fuck. Has she always been like this?

Anonymous said...

I'm your peer, Noah, and I love you!

meloncholy moustache said...

april foooollssss

cat society said...

your mom's right, you should write Cheers fan fiction

Ben K said...

I second the Cheers Fan Fiction suggestion!

pharmacy reviews said...

Really interesting specially because I never imagines that a mother was to write a letter like this, well I think you were really sincere.