Friday, June 18, 2010

Kendra Grant Malone has a poetry book

Kendra Grant Malone wrote a poetry book.

It is called chasing pigeons makes me feel more powerful.

I've always loved her poetry.

I just read it

it is the best thing I've read in a long time

I feel really intense right now.

I felt like I was reading a secret note.

One time way back

in the day

when i was a junior in high school my girlfriend, a girl i was with a long time after that note

gave me a note

it described how she was molested and how horrible it was

the note was a secret

and i never told anyone about that note

I feel like these poems Kendra wrote, is like that note

a secret

I feel like if Kendra or anyone would say what was contained in those poems in group conversation, it would not be appropriate

There was definitely nothing appropriate about those poems

Any rational human being would be too embarrassed to discuss these

but that is the job of the poet

to me anyway

I've met Kendra and I would describe her

as

"on edge"

4 comments:

sarah said...

GOD NOAH, I WAS JUST TELLING BRITTANY HOW MUCH I LOVE HER POEMS.

good post.

Ellie said...

Good stuff.

Anonymous said...

hey noah, just started reading your stuff about a month ago, via muumuu house which i happened upon reading huff post about tao, you were really the writer I related to most...i am waiting for the insurgent to come in the mail, ordered it about a week ago or so, just started my blog after a long period of writing hermit style in my apt.

Anonymous said...

kevinleehudson.blogspot.com