Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Let My People Go

I'm listening to Les Champs Elysees loving life.

Today at work:

A new assistant manager started. He didn't introduce himself to anyone. Didn't talk. Didn't even say hello. Didn't say goodbye when he left either. He calls everyone sir and spent time in the military, we are assuming marine. No one knows what the hell is wrong with him.

*

Norman Mailer got mentioned. I gave The Big Smooth Executioner's Song and he really liked it. He wants to borrow The Naked and The Dead, I told him Bernice is reading it, but when she is done I'll give it to him.

*

The two stupidiest people at work had sex and now the girl is pregnant. I doubt they know where Wyoming is. I told the guy to abort. He wants to. She doesn't. She got fired today. She is pregnant with no job and doesn't know where Wyoming is.

*

A 25 year old server living in a motel room with bad teeth son came in and hung out, he is 9. I gave him fries.

*

There was a party on the patio for two people, a guy and girl who are leaving to go to Tulsa. They are leaving to the land of corn, big skies, floods, tornados and bible-thumpers. I was very attracted to the girl and liked her. I think she liked me. But she ended up with the guy, she is 22 and he is like 34 and not very attractive and interesting. But they like to smoke weed and get drunk and that is love. The last thing she said to me in a drunken was, "Let my people go." I didn't ask for an explanation for what she meant, I knew exactly what she was saying.

*