Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A Warrior needs a General

Recently we got a useless General Manager. The new GM has done nothing, does nothing, messes everything up, hides in the office during rushes, and is fucking everything up. And when people try to suggest the old ways to him. He just walks away like you had never spoken.

This has sent a wave of laziness through the staff.

And today the assistant manager that was saving us and has been so useful and even friendly to us quit.

The old warrior grill man who has worked for Lone Star for over ten years. Who hasn't got a raise in 20 months. Who has been through five general managers. Who can't get his driver's licence back until 2012, rides a bicycle to work and has been working two jobs saving up for his daughter to go to Paris with her high school French Club.

The old warrior grill man looked at me today and said in a soft voice, "I've seen many a manager here. I've suffered through many a rush. There were times when the tickets did not stop. They kept coming. I kept cooking. I was never scared. Several times the air-conditioner broke and I kept working when it was 125 degrees in here. I have fought and struggled in here to get the food out. I have always tried my best and I know I seem like an asshole sometimes, but I want to get things done. I know the past managers were assholes and some were nuts but they got shit done. They made sure shit was right even if it fucked up labor. But now. Now, who cares. He doesn't care. It's going down Noah. It's going down."

With a look of fear he returned to silence.

4 comments:

KEN BAUMANN said...

this is sad.

brandon said...

that was funny, i liked reading that

somebody said...

酒店經紀人,

菲梵酒店經紀,

酒店經紀,

禮服酒店上班,

酒店小姐,

便服酒店經紀,

酒店打工,

酒店寒假打工,

酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工經紀,

制服酒店經紀,

專業酒店經紀,

合法酒店經紀,

酒店暑假打工,

酒店兼職,

便服酒店工作,

酒店打工,

酒店經紀,

制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

Anonymous said...

Many jewelers have personnel links jewellery on staff that is able to create a unique piece of jewelry to your specifications, links of london bracelet sale and if there are no personnel that can accomplish this task, links of london charms sale they can order it specially made for you. Not only do you have links of london womens watches the option of making this piece exactly the way you want it links of london rings sale to look, but no one will have one exactly like it. links of london necklaces sale Unique diamond jewelry does not have to be gaudy, but many people think gaudy is gorgeous.